What We Do
The services we provide include:
What I like most about Living Well is the meditation each Friday. There is a great sense of equality, no labels, just being, we are all equal.
- Foodbank - open three times each week
- Hot lunches every Friday
- The Well Community Cafe
- Mental health support
- Listening and drop in
- Art therapy
- Christian meditation
- Blend Community choir
- Clothes bank
- Words and Numbers (help with form filling etc for guests who have difficulty with reading/writing)
We also have a Community Garden, which everyone is welcome to enjoy. It is maintained by a group of volunteers.
Our busiest day is Friday, when we serve approximately 120 hot lunches. We have an art group, a music group and a time of Christian reflection and meditation. The foodbank is open every Friday as well.
We have a core of committed volunteers who keep Living Well running smoothly and safely. Our volunteers help with the foodbank or in the kitchen, make tea and coffee or simply sit and chat. Some people donate food regularly. Others use their skills and abilities in lots of different ways: for example, one volunteer brings her sewing machine to repair people’s clothes.
Everyone is welcome, and all our services are free of charge.
- Most of the people who come to Living Well are local and come from the Bromley borough.
- Almost half of our guests are women.
- We have people of all ages taking part, from under 18s to over 65s. Most people who take part in Living Well are between 35 – 49 years of age.