Living Well gives me a deep sense of purpose; it challenges me – I never leave without thinking how lucky I am. Something always happens that makes me feel warm inside; it’s a chance to give back to society, it’s a very special place!
We have been collecting data about usage of our foodbank since May 2013. You can download our latest statistics via the 'Related documents' link on the left hand side of this page. The headlines are:
- We have 568 registered users of the foodbank
- In the last two years, we have given out 5,010 bags of food
- In 2014, nearly two-thirds of people used the foodbank up to five times before moving on
- A small group of people are much more reliant on the foodbank and the help we give
- About one-third of foodbank users are women, although the number of women visiting the foodbank is increasing slowly
- Just over one-third of users are homeless, sofa surfing or living in hostels
- About 35% of users come from Penge (SE20) but people come to the foodbank from Bromley, Sydenham, Crystal Palace, Croydon, Catford and even North and West London.